Tyrannosaurus Breeze, the well-known oriental beast Tyrannosaurus, do you know how dangerous he is?

2023-01-05
霸王龙介绍图.png

As a heavily armored giant of the dinosaur world, just how strong is the Ankylosaurus's defense, and can it withstand the Tyrannosaurus rex's devastating bite? The Ankylosaurus measured 7 meters in length, weighed 3.5 tonnes, and was covered from head to tail with a thick bony armor, even its eyelids were protected by armor. This armor was composed of minerals and collagen, giving it both hardness and toughness. The Ankylosaurus was even more armed to the teeth, with armor coverage of 99%. Do you know why the remaining 1% was left uncovered? In addition to its armor, the Ankylosaurus was also equipped with a tail club weighing up to 50 kilograms, like a giant battle axe, capable of swinging with a force of over two tonnes, easily shattering the ribs of small dinosaurs. When attacked by a Velociraptor, the Ankylosaurus was not afraid and simply waited for the right moment to strike, using its tail to knock it away. Even against medium-sized predators like the Allosaurus, the Ankylosaurus's tail club was still very dangerous. If a predator managed to bite it, their teeth would be easily dulled. Once hit by the tail club, it was easy to suffer bone fractures, and in those days without veterinarians, it was essentially a death sentence. If the Ankylosaurus were to encounter a Tyrannosaurus rex, wouldn't it just be a matter of one swing of its tail to protect itself? Unfortunately, the T. rex was not easy to deal with, after all, it was the strongest land predator, measuring 14 meters in length, twice the size of the Ankylosaurus. If the Ankylosaurus wanted to hit the T. rex's face with its tail club, it would have to raise its butt up to the sky, which was clearly impossible. The range of the tail club's attack would only reach the T. rex's feet, but the T. rex's leg bones could support a body weight of ten tonnes, much stronger than those of medium-sized dinosaurs, and even if hit by the tail club, it would not cause fatal damage, and it might not even hit the target. The T. rex's bite force of six tonnes could easily break the Ankylosaurus's neck shield. If a herbivorous Ankylosaurus dared to challenge a Tyrannosaurus rex, it was basically looking for death. Fortunately, as a member of the dinosaur world's armored behemoths, the Ankylosaurus had less meat and was prone to losing teeth, while the T. rex preferred the more numerous Triceratops.

暴虐霸王龙介绍图.png


So, just how powerful was the Ankylosaurus's defense, and could it stand up to the Tyrannosaurus rex's deadly assault? If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email me at zghuayu@cetdino.com.


share